Will My Dental Insurance Cover a Smile Makeover?
Are you considering a smile makeover for the New Year? Boosting your self-confidence and regaining a youthful appearance is a priceless gift that you deserve. Rosas Family Dentistry is the premier provider of cosmetic and restorative dentistry serving the Clear Lake, Friendswood, Kemah, and surrounding Houston area.
When considering your smile makeover, it is important to have a set budget, a clear understanding of your insurance benefits, and to know your options for outside financing or funding. Dr. Nan Rosas prides herself on giving her patients varying treatment options to meet their individual needs. Just as many roads can lead to the same destination, your smile makeover can also utilize different treatment options for an amazing result.
Create a Budget
One of the first things to consider when planning a smile makeover is your budget. By setting an ideal limit to the amount of money you want or can spend (or finance each month,) Dr. Nan Rosas can then customize and prioritize your treatment to keep fees at or under that ideal amount.
Understand Your Insurance Benefits
When considering your smile makeover, it is important to maximize your dental benefits. In order to do that, you must first understand your specific insurance benefits.
Most dental insurance benefits begin at the first of each calendar year. Typically these benefits are broken down into three coverage categories, preventative, basic, and major. Dental insurance companies cover each of these categories differently, so knowing your insurance companies coverage table is necessary.
Preventative dentistry includes your six-month checkups and cleanings, which are typically covered at 100% twice a year. Basic and major procedures, in most cases, are covered at a lower percentage and oftentimes require a deductible payment. Basic dentistry includes dental fillings that are necessary to restore a tooth and is typically covered at 80%, meaning you would be responsible for the remaining 20%. Crowns, root canals and crowns fall under the major dentistry category. These procedures are covered at a percentage rate, which is typically about 50%.
It is also important to understand that not all fillings, crowns and veneers will be covered. Any treatment that is solely cosmetic, meaning there is no repair to a damaged tooth, may not be covered by your dental insurance as it’s considered “elective.”
Since most insurance companies run on the calendar year, your smile makeover may be a long term goal that spans across multiple benefit periods. Many dental treatments such as implant dentistry can span over a long period of time to complete.
Our trained staff is happy to help you learn how much of your insurance benefits are available to you for your treatment plan.
HSA and FSA Accounts
With each new year, along with new dental insurance benefits, you may also utilize a Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account. HSA and FSA both utilize a set amount of non-taxed funds aside from your income. Typically, the amount can be adjusted each year. Because dental procedures also qualify as medical expenses, your HSA or FSA can be used towards the amount your dental insurance does not cover. By planning ahead, your smile makeover goal is even easier to achieve.
Rosas Family Dentistry In Office Financing Options
Rosas Family Dentistry of Clear lake accepts all major dental insurance plans. Our highly trained office staff is happy to discuss your specific insurance benefits with you. Rosas Family Dentistry proudly offers our patients in-office financing with CareCredit Financing. Depending on your monthly budget, CareCredit Financing offers low or 0% interest rates that typically range from 6-18 months. With same-day financing approval, Rosas Family Dentistry can schedule your treatment as soon as you are ready to get started.
If you are interested in our in-office financing, let our friendly office staff know!
Invest in Yourself and Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Giving yourself the gift of a new smile can significantly change the quality of your life. Whether your new smile is as simple as whitening or a mouthful of veneers, Dr. Nan Rosas of Clear Lake will provide the highest quality dental care with your unique needs and budget in mind. While you cannot put a price on the feeling a new smile gives, with Rosas Family Dentistry, you can afford your new smile makeover! Our conveniently located office serves the Clear Lake, League City, Webster, Seabrook, Friendswood, Kemah, and NASA areas. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!