Top Six Reasons to Get Dental Implants in Clear Lake, TX
Dental implants are a state-of-the-art treatment available with our Clear Lake, Texas dentist. This tooth-replacement option consists of using a surgical-grade post that gets embedded in the jaw bone. Implants can make a big difference in your oral health and are beneficial for the following reasons:
- Implants Preserve BoneThe roots of our teeth are surrounded by bone which is what holds them in place securely. Additionally, the bone is responsible for supporting our facial structure and filling out our faces.When you lose teeth, your jaw bone deteriorates over time resulting in loose skin, increased wrinkles, and sunken cheeks that make you look aged.Thankfully, dental implants help to preserve bone where they’re placed. This will help give your face the volume that it needs to maintain a more youthful appearance.
- Implants Maintain The Proper Spacing of TeethWhen you lose a tooth and don’t have it replaced in a timely manner, you’ll notice that your other teeth shift over time. This is because they are searching for something to touch. Years after your extraction you’ll be left with a gaps in your smile and slanted teeth that are difficult to clean properly. Chewing your food may even become more challenging than it was before you lost a tooth.
- Your Teeth Will Have To Work HarderIn regard to chewing, when you’re missing teeth, the ones that are left behind have to work harder to do the work of breaking down food. As a result, your teeth may become worn down, chip, or even break from the unnecessary stress that they’re under.
- Implants Are More Predictable Than Root CanalsWhen given your treatment options regarding a tooth, our dentist in Clear Lake may give you the option of saving it by undergoing a root canal procedure. This solution consists of removing the nerve tissue from the tooth. The process is intended to eliminate your pain and preserve how long you’re able to retain the tooth overall.Even when you have a root canal performed, there’s a chance that you could have trouble with that same tooth in the future. Completely removing the nerve tissue can be challenging at times, especially when there are many tiny accessory canals that branch off of the main nerve channel. Reinfection can occur, meaning that you have to undergo another endodontic procedure to treat the tooth, or possibly end up losing the tooth after all.The implant process is one and done. Simple and straightforward means no chance of developing an abscess or needing retreatment.
- Implants Don’t Affect Other TeethA dental bridge is another standard tooth-replacement option. This treatment consists of prepping the teeth on either side of the missing tooth for crowns. A bridge connects the two crowns with a false tooth that fills in the missing tooth area.While this restorative procedure is a good solution ー and was the standard of care for many years ー crowning teeth when it’s unnecessary is frowned upon. Preserving your natural teeth whenever possible is best. In this case, crowning the teeth on either side of the space would be unjustified.Since dental implants stand independently of other teeth, they are the best option for replacing a single missing tooth.
Additionally, with root canals and bridge you still have natural teeth that can decay but with implants, you don’t have to worry about new cavities.
- Dental Implants Can Help Hold Dentures in PlaceDental implants are a lifesaver for some denture wearers. Many people lack the necessary bone support to hold such an appliance in place. In this case, implants are used as anchors to securely connect the denture and keep it from moving about during the day. Additionally, incorporating implants and dentures allows for the plate to be less bulky. Oftentimes we can remove the area of the acrylic that covers the roof of the mouth and make the appliance a horseshoe shape. This will also allow you to enjoy your favorite foods and flavors, especially if you opt for a fixed appliance like All-on-4. If your traditional denture impairs your speech or often triggers your gag reflect then you’ll be pleased to know that implants can alleviate those side effects.
Dental Implants In Clear Lake, Texas
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits to having dental implants. If you’re already missing teeth and want to know if replacing them with an implant is a valid option, then we encourage you to visit Rosas Family Dentistry of Clear Lake, TX.
We’ll gladly see you for a consultation to determine the appropriate dental implant treatment for you. Give us a call today!