Very few people in the world have perfect natural teeth from birth. If you look into it, it takes intentional effort to achieve the perfect smile. As an adult, there is not much that you can do to naturally realize a perfect smile. However, with the help of a cosmetic dentist near you, you can achieve the perfect smile. It takes different dental procedures and oral appliances to beautify your smile. Depending on your dental goals, the kind of appliances and procedures used will be different.
It is the arm of dentistry that caters to the aesthetic oral needs that patients have. Ideally, cosmetic dentists will still repair and restore damages in your mouth. However, all the methods and techniques they employ will be heedful of your aesthetic appearance. Cosmetic dentist in 77058 also focuses on improving the appearances of patients smile. Therefore, all the procedures performed cater to your cosmetic appearance during your treatment and after.
A dentist attending to your oral needs will be in charge of determining the kind of treatments you would need. Ideally, it depends on your oral needs. For example, the type of oral appliance used for whitening your teeth would not necessarily be the same one used for realigning your teeth. However, in some cases, the uses of dental appliances in cosmetic dentistry overlap. At any given point, your cosmetic dentist may employ one or more dental appliances to complete your procedure. The common ones are:
1. Dental veneers – they are thin shell-like porcelain oral appliances applied to the front surfaces of teeth. Veneers are very common in cosmetic dentistry in Houston, TX for masking different dental flaws. Ideally, dental veneers are help whiten teeth, close gaps between teeth, reshape teeth, to mention a few uses. They are among the most used oral appliances in cosmetic dentistry.
2. Dental crowns – in many cases, you will find that dental crowns are used as alternatives to dental veneers in cosmetic dentistry near you. In this way, they can serve similar roles as dental veneers. However, more than that, dental crowns are used to reinforce the strength of weak or damaged teeth. They offer more coverage than dental veneers since they cover the entire tooth instead of just the front part.
3. Onlays and inlays – inlays are types of dental fillings that are used to restore damaged teeth. Ideally, instead of applying a typical tooth filling like amalgam, a dentist in cosmetic dentistry in Houston, TX, would opt for an inlay to serve a similar role. On the other hand, onlays are used as alternatives to dental crowns when filling teeth. Technically, only the chewing surface of your tooth is covered with this type of filling, as opposed to the entire tooth as is the case with dental crowns. It is why onlays are sometimes referred to as partial crowns.
4. Invisalign braces – they are clear teeth aligners used to straighten teeth. These braces are used as alternatives to metal braces. It is a way for orthodontists to remain mindful of the cosmetic needs of their patients, even as they undergo orthodontic treatment.
5. Composite resin – is the primary material used for the performance of dental bonding procedures in cosmetic dentistry in TX. The resin is tooth-colored, making for a perfect alternative to other oral appliances like dental veneers and dental crowns. This type of cosmetic procedure is way less invasive than is the case with dental crowns and even dental veneers.
You have nothing to worry about when it comes to cosmetic dentistry other than achieving a perfect smile. While you may need multiple procedures to achieve the kind of smile you want, it is not impossible. All you need is to consult a skillful and experienced cosmetic dentist for your smile transformation. Besides, if you really want to achieve a perfect smile, you should be willing to go the extra mile. Be sure to talk to your dentist about the costs of different cosmetic treatments since they can be expensive.